a few final touches still to do but its almost there i added some rivet detail to the bands and did a bit of weathering.
the boot eyelet on the side of the dome was taken out and replaced with a brass and copper lens arrangement, this was fabricated from bits of tube with a tiny domed glass lens at the tip.
finally got rid of the ugly steel rail on the left hand side and replaced it with a water level glass, more like the one in the original illustration.
i also found some tiny glass ampules, the bases of which made excellent glazing for the big lens and the steam gauges, i never really liked the plastic ones they were just somehow wrong.
i used a dremmel to grind the lenses they were a devil to get right